Divorce Attorney Yakima
We Provide Divorce Representation in Yakima and Throughout Central Washington
At Justice Law Yakima, our divorce attorney in Yakima is an experienced, effective advocate for clients. With a focus on finding amicable, cost effective solutions in divorce cases, we are always ready to take aggressive action to protect your rights. If you are preparing for a divorce, professional guidance and support is available. For a completely confidential initial consultation with a Central Washington divorce lawyer, please do not hesitate to contact our Yakima law office today.
An Overview of Divorce in Washington
Divorce is part of life. The Washington State Department of Health reports that more than 21,000 divorces were finalized in the state in 2020 alone. While certainly not rare, a divorce is never easy for the people who are actually going through it. You need to know how the law works if you are preparing for a divorce in Yakima, including:
1. No-Fault Divorce: Washington is a no-fault divorce state. Courts do not determine who was to “blame” for the end of the marriage. Couples can separate due to irreconcilable differences.
2. All Residents Can File: Every resident of Washington can file for divorce in the state—regardless of where you got married. You do not have to wait after becoming a resident.
3. 90 Day Waiting Period to Finalize: With limited exceptions, there is a 90-day waiting period from the date a divorce petition is filed until it can be finalized.
4. Community Property: Washington is a community property state (RCW 26.16.030). All of a couple’s marital property is presumed to be jointly owned by the spouses. This standard has important implications for property distribution.
5. Best Interests of the Child: Parents of young children need to be prepared to address custody and visitation. Under Washington law (RCW 26.09.002), most custody and visitation issues are resolved using the best interests of the child standard.
Our Yakima Divorce Attorneys Provide Comprehensive Services
We understand that no one goes into a divorce wanting to get locked into a long, drawn-out fight. With an emphasis on helping our clients find amicable solutions, we provide comprehensive legal representation in both uncontested and contested divorce cases. Our firm is here to help you secure your future. Along with other family law issues, our Yakima divorce lawyer helps clients with:
● Property distribution;
● Debt distribution;
● Spousal support (alimony);
● Child custody & visitation; and
● Child support.
Why Trust the Divorce Lawyer at Justice Law Yakima
Getting divorced is never easy. You do not have to figure out all of the legal and logistical issues on your own. Our founder and attorney, Kelly Murray, is an experienced, solutions-focused family law attorney. We provide personalized and proactive support. When you contact our Yakima law office, you will have a chance to consult with a Washington divorce attorney who is ready to:
● Listen to your story and answer your divorce questions;
● Investigate matter, organizing all relevant information;
● Handle any divorce paperwork;
● Represent you in any divorce settlement talks; and
● Take legal action to get you the best possible outcome for your situation.
Get Help From Our Yakima Divorce Attorney Today
At Justice Law Yakima, our Yakima divorce attorney is ready to help guide you to justice and a more stable, secure future. Preparing for divorce? We are more than ready to help. Give us a call now or connect with us online for a strictly confidential, no obligation initial consultation. From our Yakima office, we provide family law and divorce representation throughout Central Washington.